Welcome to my blog.

Thank you for visiting me :)

I hope you enjoy seeing what I have been up to
and that you visit again

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Designs, Vintage quilting

Thought I would post what I have been doing the last couple of days ago with a doily that I found ...
maybe sewn by my grandmother or one of my Auntie's.

I have a lot of them and thought this would be a great way to go with them
First part

Close up of second part -
Now I need to think about what to do next!

I am sewing with YLI 100 silk - top and bobbin..its a pale soft greenish colour.

All sewn on my Sweet Sixteen

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Joannes Quilt Along, Machine Quilting, Sewn on the HQ Sweet Sixteen

I have done a bit more quilting on Joannes BOM 
(from way back in 2011!)

Iam also trying to get some things done for Christmas...which I cant post for a while

So this is just a brief view of what I have done recently...

not much to show really.

This is a piece of curtain fabric that I was just playing on...
 I do love these colours

And this is another block - or two of what I have done on
 Joanne Thread Head's 2011

So in case I cant get to show more here till after the Christmas Season

I would like to wish you all a very happy and Festive Christmas

and a safe and Healthy New Year

Sunday, September 20, 2015

House and Family,

Hi everyone.
I have been  moving house with my DH... so you can imagine the chaos that has reigned!
Still some boxes to unpack...and my sewing room/studio has shrunk... so thats not sorted out yet.
I am so looking forward to getting on with my sewing..
No hope yet awhile though!

Hope to get back to it soon,
when I do I will let you know!

Saturday, July 25, 2015

I have been unpicking the first block I sewed on the large King sized quilt
I played for a bit with these

This was sewn with YLI 100 silk on top

This and the lower one was top stitched with King Tut

All were sewn on my Bernina 820.

Now some more unpicking to do, and hopefully I can get back to some serious quilting

Monday, July 20, 2015

Sewn on the HQ Sweet Sixteen, Sketchbook, Joannes Quilt Along,

This post is a little quicker than last time

I have been busy with my quilt and have completed another block

Well almost.  As I have been having a problem with tension..I am waiting till
I finish the main quilting ...and will then go back with different colours to go in the block design.

I have also been doing some sketching

the above design was show by a lovely teacher...Jeanie Harrison ..on Facebook
I really like it.

This was practicing some of Jamie Wallen's designs..
I was so lucky to attend his workshop in Perth Western Australia last year...
It was wonderful!

I hope to do a lot more practice.

and this is trying to get my head around McTavishing.

Now - back to my quilting.

Friday, July 17, 2015

FMQ and playing, HQ Sweet Sixteen, Joanne's Quilt Along,

Its such a long time since I posted...lots of things go on here
so time has not been favorable for quilting as much as I would have liked.

So I will put up some photos of what I have managed to get done
These photos are what I have just completed...more info further down

This is finally getting done...Joanne Threadhead's BOM

I first did the central block

This I will unpick..completely as I had the tension wrong, and I just cant face it now.
I did have a photo of the back of this, but am unable to find it. I think I put it on Facebook.

At the border...I had several mistakes and unpicked two blocks before I got it to what I was happy with.  the border is now completed.

Original design and practice piece


I have also been doing some sketches or doodling for practice

but I think that's enough from me just now :)

Enjoy your day

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sewn on the HQ Sweet Sixteen, FMQ and playing,

Not much Blogging .lately due to family health issues...
I have completed this in the last couple of days

I picked up some couching feet for my Sweet Sixteen last weekend during a brief visit to the Quilt West Quilt and Craft Show. 
Tried it out in the last couple of days and completed it tonight.  
Backs a bit Iffy... but I don't mind...
I had fun.

Its 13 1/2 inches square.. and I used some wool that I hand on hand for the couching...
Wool batting and some of my own long ago dyed fabric for the binding.

Now back to the Binding on the DWR quilt... I am halfway done and then need to get basting stitches out.